1. Capacity: Due to the particularity of drug packaging and medication, from a few milliliters to about 1000 milliliters, most of the shapes are round, and there are also square, oval and other shapes.
2. In order to ensure that the medicine is not damp or deteriorated within the validity period, the medicinal plastic bottle should have good sealing and barrier properties, which can prevent the influence of light, heat, water vapor, oxygen, etc. on the medicine.
3. The inner wall of the bottle is in direct contact with the drug, and the bottle-making material must meet the requirements of drug packaging to ensure the safety of the drug.
4. Oral solid and liquid medicinal plastic bottles belong to a class of packaging materials. It can be used for pharmaceutical packaging without cleaning and sterilization. Therefore, there are higher requirements for microbial limits, and the production environment and production process should meet the requirements of relevant regulations.
5. The shape, size and structure of medicinal plastic bottles should be adapted to the requirements of various filling machines of pharmaceutical enterprises and the requirements of high-speed automatic filling machines. Before 2002, the production technology of medicinal plastic bottles was not standardized enough. Except for the pharmaceutical industry standards for solid pharmaceutical polyolefin plastic bottles issued by the State Medical Administration in 1991, most manufacturers of pharmaceutical plastic bottles use their own corporate standards or local standards for production.